First days in the Concrete Jungle
10 lucky students have arrived in New York City for the first edition of the Columbia University Transcontinental track. For this first edition the program was inaugurated by Loïck Roche, Dean of Grenoble Ecole de Management and Mark Thomas, Associate Dean and Director of International Affairs at GEM. This off-site program has been tailored with a focus in Geopolitics and is dedicated to Master 2 students.
Student’s Integration at Columbia University
During their first days in the Big Apple, the students’ got a real taste of the hustle and bustle first with a meeting on Times Square, followed by an introduction with Mark Thomas and Loïck Roche, along with a campus tour, orientation and integration activities at the Columbia University Morningside Heights campus.
This geopolitical focus could not have been possible without the help of the Center for Governance and Geopolitical Studies.
Apart from the theoretical course work the students will also benefit from practical knowledge from guest speakers working in the ever evolving business world of New York City. Below are the first ones that joined the students for the orientation:
- Quinten Fourie (Sr. Manager International Operations, Thomson Reuters),
- Jillian DeVlemingEnterprise Account Executive Microsoft,
- Robin Usson Credit Research (High-Yield) Associate at Credit Agricole Securities (USA),
- Andrea Radojicic, Business Developer TVTY / The Moment Marketing Company,
- Jessica LaPorte, Junior Export Manager at V&N Cellars.
We wish our students the best of luck and all the success in their first steps of this exciting new partnership.
We will be back with more updates from the city that never sleeps!